His arraignment was initially scheduled for last month, but was postponed after his attorney requested a continuance. The judge previously issued a protective order against Tory. He must remain at least 100 yards away from Megan and not contact her. He must also surrender any guns he owns.
Tory is accused of shooting his 25-year-old victim following a dispute in the Hollywood Hills on July 12. He allegedly shot at her feet several times, wounding her as she was exiting the vehicle. “It was super scary. It was like just the worst experience of my life,” Meg previously said.
In an interview with GQ, she also claims Lanez offered her and her friend money to stay quiet after the incident. “[At this point] I’m really scared,” Meg said, “because this is like right in the middle of all the protesting. Police are just killing everybody for no reason, and I’m thinking, ‘I can’t believe you even think I want to take some money. Like, you just shot me.'”
Tory has denied the allegations and proclaimed his innocence on social media. “[Time] will [tell] … and the truth will come to the light … I have all faith in God to show that,” he tweeted after being charged last month.
If convicted, he faces a maximum sentence of 22 years and eight months in state prison.
⏰ will 🗣 … and the truth will come to the light … I have all faith in God to show that … love to all my fans and people that have stayed true to me & know my heart … a charge is not a conviction . If you have supported me or meg thru this , I genuinely appreciate u .