Megan Thee Stallion Rips Tory Lanez's Team For Turning Shooting Charge Trauma 'Into A Joke'

9064

Megan Thee Stallion is apparently fuming after rumors floating around online suggested the felony assault charge against Tory Lanez had been dropped. A quick search of The Superior Court of California website by HipHopDX revealed the preliminary hearing was simply rescheduled.

On Thursday (January 21), the Hot Girl rapper hopped on Twitter Thursday morning (January 21) to issue a public service announcement to anyone believing the false reports.

“AT THIS POINT IM GETTING ANNOYED ! STOP BELIEVING EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THE MF INTERNET. Imagine how I feel waking every day seeing people LIE and turn my trauma into a joke ? That whole team figures out ways to create doubt with my story every week and the media eats it up.”

Megan continued to unload on her critics with a follow-up tweet that read, “Y’all can’t tell when shit fake news? Y’all still don’t see an ABUSER picking with me ? The first court date got pushed back bc of the inauguration but I can’t wait until the MF FACTS come out ! Bitch you shot me AND MY STORY NOT CHANGING AND BITCH YOU GOING TO JAIL.”

Lanez’s team has been accused of meddling in the case before. Last September, they were accused of crafting fake email addresses and attempting to influence journalists into writing negative stories about Megan and Roc Nation.

HipHopDX was targeted as part of the scheme and confirmed the email “[email protected]” was created solely to accuse Roc Nation of pushing LIV Nightclub into suing Lanez for an alleged beatdown at the Miami club in November 2019. When confronted, the person behind the email, who refused to give their name, stopped responding.

Megan’s attorney Alex Spiro told DX at the time, “We have been made aware of manipulated text messages and invented email accounts that have been disseminated to the media in a calculated attempt to peddle a false narrative about the events that occurred on July the 12th. A smear campaign can’t change the truth.”

The chart-topping artist wrapped up her Twitter lashing with a point she’s made time and time again yet it still appears to fall on deaf ears.

“Y’all so believe black women and protect black women online,” she said. “BUT WHEN I LITERALLY SAY I GOT SHOT ITS CONFUSING.”