On Thursday (Oct. 17), Telemundo celebrated the fifth annual Latin American Music Awards, where Anuel AA was named the winner of the night, taking home five awards including artist of the year, album of the year and favorite artist male.
The celebration took place at the Dolby Theater in Los Angeles, California, with performances by Becky G, Marc Anthony, Pitbull and many others.
As for what else happened during the 2019 Latin AMAs?
Here's what you didn’t see on TV.
1. Anuel, the top winner of the night, was visibly nervous as he walked the red carpet to the Latin AMAs, vying for his first-ever artist of the year award. “I’m just praying that I win,” he confessed with a smile. Meanwhile, girlfriend Karol G is in the middle of her U.S. tour, but she was on call in case Anuel won: “I’m sending the plane to pick her up so we can celebrate,” he told Billboard.
2. After winning the favorite duo or group category boy band, CNCO immediately went to the media room for interviews and photos, and also got a surprise: the LAMAs production gave them a second award, for favorite artist pop, as the category wasn’t schedule to be aired.
3. Best new artist winner Lunay was sporting more than just bling on the red carpet. The Puerto Rican reggaetonero recently tattooed the word "ÉPICO" on his neck, which is the name of his upcoming debut album, due out next week. Lunay was also wearing a big diamond-studded star around his neck.
4. Backstage, Daddy Yankee and Ne-Yo didn’t see each other until Yankee got out of his green room to go to the stage. They shook hands, hugged and were happy to see each other at least for a couple of seconds.
5. Romeo Santos stopped by Ozuna’s green room, just to say hi.
6. Universal Music Latin artist Jhay Cortez is swftly on the rise. An unknown just a year ago, the purple-haired singer exclusively told Billboard that his next single will be a duet with Wisin and Yandel.
7. Speaking of Wisin and Yandel, the duo walked the carpet sporting completely different snazzy jackets, but both in tones of pink. “Yandel is the one with fashion sense,” admitted Wisin. “He is the fashion-forward one.” Yandel, for his part, won't hesitate to send Wisin back to his closet if his clothes are not quite right.