Diddy Almost Let 2Pac’s Fiancée Kidada Jones Drink His Urine According To Ex-Bodyguard


Diddy’s former bodyguard Gene Deal recently sat down with The Art of Dialogue and touched on some interesting topics, including the ’90s East Coast-West Coast Hip Hop rivalry. During the conversation, Deal recalled a story in which the Bad Boy Records mogul almost let Tupac Shakur’s fiancée drink his urine.

According to Deal, Diddy was at an awards ceremony where he thought he had a chance to win “Producer of the Year.” Shortly before the ceremony started, he said Diddy took one of the pitchers on their table and peed in it. Kidada Jones, Quincy Jones’ daughter and 2Pac’s love interest at the time, soon wandered over to Diddy’s table and struck up a conversation.

“She was talking to Puff and then next thing you know, she reached over to the pitcher and poured her a glass of … ginger-pee,” Deal said. “She was about to drink it and [Diddy’s bodyguard] Wolf stopped her from doing it.”

Deal went on to explain Kidada Jones — who was also friends with the mother of Diddy’s children Kim Porter — was involved in the Vibe party that preceded Biggie’s March 1997 murder and that possibly could’ve been the reason Diddy was about to let her drink his urine.

“Nah, he didn’t stop her,” he continued. “I guess he was [going to let her]. We was all guilty at that time. No lie. We was all guilty. Wolf was the only one … I think Wolf knew her personally, too. I didn’t know who she was at first. That doesn’t really excuse from not saying nothing but …”

When asked if Deal thought Diddy knew Jones was 2Pac’s girl, he confirmed, “Yeah. That industry shit is so close. I could tell you a million girls that’s married to rappers, that been with rappers, with this one and that one that I used to put in the cab every morning at 9 o’clock from Puff’s house. They all do the same chicks, man.”

Jones accompanied 2Pac on that fateful trip to Las Vegas where he was killed in September 1996. In a 1997 article from Vanity Fair, she remembered ‘Pac not wanting to go to the Mike Tyson fight at the MMG Grand that night, but he’d already promised Suge Knight he would. He also decided not to take his bullet proof vest because he thought it would “be too hot.”

That ultimately proved to be a terrible decision. 2Pac was shot 13 times shortly after leaving the fight and rushed to the University Medical Center in Las Vegas.

“When I got to the hospital they handed me a bag of bloody clothes and jewelry and told me, ‘He had no blood pressure when he came in. He’s had two blood transfusions and he is in the ICU hanging on by a string,’” Jones said. “I got a blanket from the hospital and circled the parking lot for nine hours. I said, ‘There’s no way he’s gonna die. There’s just no way. […]’ I walked around there ’til the sun came up …. I was in complete shock.”

2Pac succumbed to his injuries six days later at just 25 years old. It took Jones a long time to heal from his death and there were many dark days.

“He and I lived together for four months and then he was murdered. […],” she added. “It was the most horrible thing that ever happened to me. I knew we should’ve never gone to Vegas that night. I had a horrible feeling about it. I’ve gone over it in my mind a million times. It wasn’t supposed to happen. We weren’t supposed to be there.

“It was the worst possible thing that could’ve happened. [..] I never got to say goodbye. It’s not something that should happen to anyone. […] For a while afterward, I didn’t want to be alive. I was on my back, literally on my back, for months. My father [Quincy Jones] underestimated how that affected me and shaped and molded me as a human being.”