It’s been four years since pop-rock superstar Adam Lambert released a studio album. Now, after months of teasing and two new singles, the singer is finally ready to give his fans the news they’ve been waiting for.
On Thursday (Aug. 15), Lambert revealed that part one of his two part project, Velvet: Side A, would be released on Sept. 27. The highly-anticipated album’s second part does not yet have a release date set.
Lambert also revealed the track list of the upcoming EP (below), featuring brand new songs (his latest singles “New Eyes” and “Comin in Hot” don’t appear on the released set), all of which Lambert co-wrote. One of the new songs of the set, “Superpower,” will be Lambert’s next single, due out on September 4th.
Along with heading up Queen’s latest North American tour, Lambert recently appeared on the cover of Billboard, alongside fellow Pride Roundtable stars Tegan Quin, iLoveMakonnen, Big Freedia and Hayley Kiyoko, to speak about the progress of LGBTQ acceptance in music. "The fact that your sexuality doesn’t necessarily indicate your entire identity ... it’s an important step that we’re taking as a society," he said.
Check out the cover art and track list for Velvet: Side A below, and pre-order the new EP here.
1. "Superpower" (Written by Adam Lambert, Tommy English, and Ilsey Juber, produced by Tommy English)
2. "Stranger You Are" (Written by Adam Lambert, Steve Booker and Kes, produced by Steve Booker)
3. "Closer To You" (Written by Adam Lambert, Noise Club, Asia Whiteacre, produced by Noise Club)
4. "Overglow" (Written by Adam Lambert, Butch Walker, MNEK, Amy Kuney, produced by Butch Walker)
5. "Loverboy" (Written by Adam Lambert, Tommy English, Gabe Simon, Angelo Petraglia, produced by Tommy English)
6. "Ready To Run" (Written by Adam Lambert, Fred Ball, Kes, produced by Fred Ball)